Just like there are different kinds of music, or various kinds of medical specialties, there are different types of photography as well.
Here’s a rundown of some of the trending types of photography (of 2015-2016) in which you can venture deeper into:
- Wedding/Event – this type of photography being one of the most demanding and most booming, this field is a newcomer’s practice field. Wedding and events hones the photographer in many important skills required such as editing, portraiture, and the right gear to use.
- Baby/Family – every family wants a picture perfect family photo gracing their houses and not to mention the cuteness and adorableness of the newborn captured in frame. Baby and family photography freezes that moment that will bring fond memories to each and every family member that will last a lifetime.
- Black and White – this trendy way of framing is quite popular until today because it underlines the innate beauty of the subjects. In order to get that realistic and amazing look, this type of photography makes use of wide-ranging contrast and shadowing techniques.
- Portrait – being one of the oldest and bountiful types of photography, portraiture does not limit you to capturing your loved ones, but you can shoot a portrait of your pets as well! .
- Travel – this type of photography gives the world a glimpse of the beauty of a specific country or a city. Photographers who work on this field are having best of both worlds: the luxury of travel and work rolled in one.
- Nature – is capturing the wonders of nature in the viewpoint of the photographer. This does not limit to trees and plants only, but rather consist of outdoor natural elements such as the sky, bodies or water and hills.
- Candid – this type of photography captures the magical moment. It does not require posing and preparation. It captures the subject in an act masterfully with the perfect timing. Candid is becoming popular especially during events and weddings.
- Mobile – mobile cameras have revolutionized with the growing technology. It is no wonder that this type of photography has emerged in the list. Mobile phones now can take quality pictures almost close to that of a professional camera.
- Action/Sports – this is one of the most challenging types of photography. It requires a thorough knowledge in using the right equipment and settings to capture the fast and revelling moments in a sports event.
These are the booming trends in photography that you will want to try getting into if you haven’t made your mind up where to go. But do remember that trends change with the passing time. Don’t worry though. A photographer is not limited to one type. He can venture into other branches of photographer as he pleases. That’s the beauty of photography.